Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Loving Lately - Shades of Purple

As I mentioned previously, a close friend bought a house a few blocks away from mine and I've spent many evenings over the last two weeks helping her move in.  While she's now living in the house, she hasn't fully furnished it yet so I can't share pictures of the work she's done so far (though let me tell you - they've owned the house for less than a month and have already made it their own in so many ways - that's what I love most about real estate!).  She did pick a fabulous purple color for her living room, though, and while at first I was a bit skeptical, how amazing it looks on the wall has really got me loving the color.  While certain shades of purple are better suited for little girl's rooms, at least to my eye, a deep plum or a pretty mauve color comes across as rich, formal and elegant and lends almost a regal air to a space, in addition to coming across as feminine without being overtly girly.  Here are some pretty purple spaces (or accented spaces) that I'm loving lately:

bedrooms - Crate & barrel Vista Console Table silk purple drapes purple tufted velvet chaise lounge floor mirror sheepskin rug gray walls  Amoroso
via

via

via

via
living rooms - Silver French Flea Market Table purple ikat chairs black and white rug  ikat chairs  purple ikat french bergere chairs, white
via

dining rooms - Benjamin Moore - Nightfall - purple accent wall gray shield dining chairs yellow cushions natural birch dining table white lantern pendant purple gray yellow dining room
via

dining rooms - purple velvet dining chairs black modern buffet ivory drum light pendant dining room  Prince would be jealous   Purple & black
via

dens/libraries/offices - Ikea EXPEDIT gray purple walls purple drapes purple boxes white desk white table chairs green floral rug painted wood beams
via
How about you, have you decorated with purple in your home?  Would you?

1 comment:

Secondhand Stella said...

I have never been drawn to purple, but I love these images!