Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Investment Bag

via

I'm in the market for a new purse.  Usually, I don't consider purses to be investments - I like to switch it up every few months or so (beyond that I have a really hard time keeping my purse organized!) so it doesn't make sense to me to buy an expensive designer bag only to relegate it to the back of my closet in a few months.  Lately, though, I've been thinking more and more about switching tactics and investing in a fabulous bag that I will keep (and use) forever.  Something well made, real, simple and classy for every day use that manages to look at once professional and stylish.  I loved the look of the Celine Luggage Tote seen in various bloggers' pictures, but it wasn't until I saw one up close and personal that I really took notice.  Big enough to hold my Ipad, notebooks and the multitude of files I tend to carry around for work at all times, but pretty enough to help make a "fashion statement."  And the front pocket (essential for my keys and phone) helps it rival what has traditionally been my dream back - the YSL Muse.  Now if only it were in my budget!

Do you own an investment bag?

2 comments:

BmoreLoveLeigh said...

I would love to own such a gorgeous bag! I think back on all the $100 or less purses I have bought over the years - and YES I would trade them all for an investment bag.

My husband balks at the cost though, hehe. Can't say I blame him. For now, I'm happy with my Tory Burch (bought on super sale) and Rebecca Minkoff (a splurge).

Unknown said...

That bag is so gorgeous!!! Love, love, love.

http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/