Thursday, January 12, 2012

Give Me Stripes!

I'm pretty set on having striped curtains in the dining room - I love the look of striped curtains in various bloggers' homes, and I know that I want a print and something with a lot of white to bring more light to the space.

Inspiration

via

via

via

via

via

via


At first I was on the fence about making them myself, buying pre-made panels, or going an in-between route and making panels out of striped fabric.  Who am I kidding - though I admire all the bloggers and their DIY savvy, I know that I will never have the patience to measure out and paint/sew perfectly straight stripes.  At the same time, there are few striped panels available in the colorway I'm looking for (gray/white) and those that are available (like the much loved shower curtain from West Elm that I would in some way/shape/form make taller to fit my room) just don't make sense from a budgetary perspective.  So semi-DIY it is.  Here are some fabrics I'm considering - I think I need to see these in person so I may just be ordering some samples in the coming days!

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8

Which do you like better?

1 comment:

Lindsey A. Turner said...

Love these! I like 2 and 8 the best!

Lindsey Turner
http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com