Friday, November 25, 2011

What's Your Design Personality?

Nate Berkus has a design quiz over on his website which I was alerted to by Young House Love (one of the first blogs I started reading - Esposito laughs at me because I like to refer to John and Sherry as "my friends").  I love taking these kinds of quizzes because I am always at a loss when I try to define my style.  I veer towards the more straight-line, clean silhouttes one would describe as modern, though I definitely enjoy my knick-knacks and tcotchkes and a fairly traditional aesthetic more than a pure minimalist style.  In previous questionnaires I've taken, I typically am characterized as transitional (whatever that means), so when I read John and Sherry's results I was excited to take the quiz for myself and see what Nate would describe me as!

The problem I see with these types of quizzes is that I often answer them with an expected result in mind, which would tend to skew the results.  Instead, for this one, I tried to just go with my initial reaction - classic red lipstick, sky-high stilettos, a gorgeous orchid, eiffel tower, and a beautiful, woven basket - choices which characterized me as:



I didn't think modern would be the result given my choices (the woven basket, especially but the others as well I would think are more classic), and I'm not sure I fully agree with the description - I am probably one of the WORST impulse shoppers out there!  Lately, I have been trying to limit my impulse purchases by writing a list of things I'd like to buy and trying to stick to that list but I have only been mildly successful!  Other than that, I do prefer clean and simple lines and a less-cluttered look.

And since we all love some pretty pictures, here are some rooms I've been drawn to recently which I think depict this modern design personality:

Foyer by Sarah Richardson, via

via
 
Sharon Mimrans via Decor Pad
 
Pinned Image
via

via

Did you take the quiz?  What was your result?

1 comment:

Piril Maria said...

Looks like ive got a creative personality. Hmm.. interesting. Thanks for sharing. =)
I followed btw, hope you dont mind. And maybe youll visit me someday too.


thebookness.blogspot.com