Monday, November 21, 2011

Mock Thanksgiving & What to Wear for Thanksgiving Dinner

Yesterday, I got together with some of my friends from college for a Mock Thanksgiving dinner.  Back in the day, our pre-thanksgiving plans revolved around which club hosted the best Thanksgiving Eve party - my, how times have changed!  It was a great time in any event - catching up, eating delicious food, and seeing my friends' children.  We organized the event as a potluck, and my task was to bring a sweet potato casserole.  I'd never made one before, but it was quite easy and got rave reviews!  (I used this recipe but didn't take any pictures, unfortunately). 

Here are some outtakes from the night:






All of the turkey eating and comraderie has me with Thanksgiving on the brain - I can't wait to go to my mom's for some fun family time with my sisters and parents this Thursday.  I haven't decided yet what I'm going to wear, or whether I want to go formal, casual but put together, or in jeans!  Something about Thanksgiving makes me want to break out the fall colors - seems like the appropriate time, and I love to cozy up in creams, navy, and oranges for the occasion.  Here's a few outfit options I'm thinking of:


What to Wear - Thanksgiving



What are your Thanksgiving plans?

No comments: