Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Life Lately

I took an unintended hiatus from blogging.  It's so difficult keeping up with new and fresh material to blog about and I felt like I was being a bit fake in trying to come up with interesting things to write about.  It seems weird to feel that way so early in my blogging journey so I decided just to disconnect for a bit.  Do you guys ever feel that way?

Since it's been more than a week since I posted, I figured I'd start off by sharing just a few snippets of what life has been like this past week.




The Saturday before last, I met my family in NYC for a birthday dinner for my mom and two sisters (their birthdays are all within the same week).  We had a great time and ate some great food (Churrascofongo from El Conde Steakhouse - our favorite Dominican restaurant in Washington Heights) and Junior's cheesecake fresh from Brooklyn -- THE BEST!  Side note - my car left me all but stranded in NYC that night - (flat tire, flat spare, and then dead battery -- thankfully my dad was there!!) so it's been a rush to find a new car (I'd previously planned on gifting myself a new car for my birthday in May, so it seemed weird to spend money to fix my current car knowing that I'd be trading it in pretty soon).  Except, I can't make up my mind about what I want and have no time for car shopping so off to the mechanic I will go this evening to get it fixed in hopes I can drive it for a few more months.




The weather has been absolutely amazing lately, and I've been enjoying long walks with the dogs and just generally hanging out outdoors (clearly, they are enjoying it too).  After fall, spring is definitely my favorite season.


Esposito has a week off next week so we are figuring out all the house projects he is going to get done.  He has grand plans to work on the front lawn (see measurements above), and I have grand plans of him working on some molding projects and miscellaneous pending fixes around the house.  Let's see what actually gets done.

During Esposito's week off, we will be having some contractors come through the house for estimates which will set in gear a revamp of various rooms in the house (once we have the chimney inspected and cleaned, we will figure out final placement of the TV in the living room and then decide on new couches, also we are swapping a "storage" room for a guest bedroom and creating a den in another bedroom with the current living room furniture, for example).  I look forward to blogging about those projects in the near future.

Hope you've been enjoying the month so far!

1 comment:

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Looks like you've got some interesting projects coming up. Your writer's block won't stand a chance :)