I've already expressed my love for Pantone's color of 2012, Tangerine Tango here. So how fitting is it that the color is the inspiration for this week's Friday's Fancies?
I'll share a funny story - back in my high school days I was obsessed with bright colors. My closet was a veritable rainbow, with options and shoes in every color. From lime green DKNY kicks to orange Adidas shell-toes to even mustard yellow Lugz (remember when those were fashionable?), I had it all. People even called my Skittles (or maybe not, but I always thought they should).
Anywhoo, my taste has definitely toned down a bit since then but I still try to add a little brightness and life to my outfits when I can. And tangerine is the perfect color to do so as it is bright but not too offensive.
1. A great way to introduce brighter colors into your wardrobe is to pair it with a neutral, and this dress works great because it does so automatically!
2. I love the look of a floaty dress with strong shoes, and these cage booties are just the ticket. The color is awesome, and they are on sale to boot!
3. You could pair this outfit with a neutral or bold clutch. This one, like the dress, is a little of both (although I'm sure you could find a more budget-friendly option for real life).
4. With this bold of a color, understated accessories work best. A simple "wonder woman" cuff and a bold, but plain snake lariat are perfect complements.
5. I do my own nails, so I never have a problem updating my mani-pedi for whatever look I'm wearing. How great would one of Essie's orange shades look in those shoes?
Head on over to Long Distance Loving to see the other Tangerine Tango looks!