Thursday, April 5, 2012

March Spend Trend Report

Here I thought I'd have so much trouble sticking to a prudent spending schedule in the month of March considering my having bought only three sweaters in all of February.  But as I started writing this post, I realized I bought even less in March than in February.  Who am I and where has shopaholic Wendy gone?  No wonder I am starting to feel deprived! 

I guess it was all the commotion of my car breaking down (and not having a means to get to the mall around for about a week) coupled with Esposito's surprisingly light work schedule that meant he was home early most evenings that kept me from doing any damage.  Surprisingly, rather than taking a "don't worry April, you won't be spared" approach, I'm thinking I can really get into just shopping less in general.  Focusing on quality, investment pieces as opposed to quantity.  That will be my motto going forward (let's see how long it lasts... I'll be going on vacation next month and you know that always calls for some shopping!).

In March, I purchased:
I had been wanting a pair of mint pants for a while, so when I found these at Forever 21 for only $15.80, I couldn't pass them up.  Similarly, I love the look of cap-toe flats, so when a blogger posted a positive review of these from (of all places) Payless, I figured why not give them a try.  After using a promotional code and the ship-to-store option, they came out to $14.99 which is not at all unreasonable as they are super cute and comfortable.  So overall, I'd say I didn't do too bad, even if I only managed to purchase one thing off of my "wishlist!"

Did you buy anything that you absolutely love/off your wishlist last month?

No comments: