Friday, November 30, 2012

One Thing Leads To Another (Dining Room Edition)

My sister and I are switching dining room tables because I need one with a leaf and she feels like hers is too big for her space.  Here is what my new-to-me table looks like:


It's an antique, solid wood and fits 10-12 when expanded (if not more).  Perfect.  The switch is scheduled to happen tomorrow.  Eventually we will have it refinished in a darker wood tone, but for now, I think this will work just fine.

Of course, a new dining table means a new dining room plan.  And today I found (and purchased) a new rug.

It is big (8*11) and $10 at Lowe's (here).  I can't attest to the quality, but I figured for $10 I can give it a shot.  It's more traditional and not the color scheme I normally veer towards, but upon closer inspection it has some of the grays and greens in my house already and I think I can make it work.  I'll try to at least.


Of course, this fabulous dining room immediately came to mind (don't you just love Sarah Richardson?)
via
via

 
And so I started working on a design plan for the room. 

dining room



I'm trying to find a way to make it less country and more modern since this new plan also has to work with a very modern (new-to-me) black leather couch in the adjacent (totally open) living room.  Let's see how that works out.  Not sure if I succeeded, but I think it sure is pretty.  Thoughts?

No comments: