Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mix and Match Couches

As I've mentioned before, we are in the market for a new couch.  For the past few months, we've been hitting all the major furniture stores, researching our options for a new leather sectional to fit this layout:
Now I have to admit that I wasn't sold on the layout, as I fear purchasing another big sectional that may or may not be right for our next home.  I much prefer the idea of a couch and loveseat or chair-and-a-half. 

In addition, as much as I think leather is the best option for us (with the dogs), I also fear that one of the dogs will put a huge hole in it and then we'll be screwed (wouldn't have that problem with a slipcovered couch!). 

And then, one day, The Break-Up was on tv and I had an epiphany!  Why not go with a mix and match set - leather couch, slipcovered chair and a half (or vice versa) - the best of both worlds.


living room set - The Break Up
via
It worked for Gary & Brooke...

Here is another example of leather and slipcover paired together:


via
I love how the warmth of the leather juxtaposes against the simplicity and comfort of the white slipcover.  Now the question is, which piece should be leather, and which slipcovered?

What do you think?  Do you prefer to mix and match, or buy one whole set?

No comments: